Re: RSS/RDF Aggregator

From: PUYDT Julien
Subject: Re: RSS/RDF Aggregator
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:08:41 +0200

On mar, 2003-10-21 at 14:28, nicolas@roard.com wrote:
> Well, it will work well for http, but what about others common urls ?
> (ie, mailto://, news://, ftp:// ...)
> I think it could be better to have for each protocol the corresponding
> prefered application; an "analyzeURL" method could exist which will then
> dispatch to the correct app.

I would add: and for not-so-common-yet url-likes, like h323, sip,
callto, ... (voip adresses)?

Snark on #gnustep

PS: In case it can give ideas: I wrote a patch recently for
gnomemeeting's text chat (not yet in cvs), which basically implemented
specific context menus  for each uri. I used regex to detect uris, and
decide which menu got with it.