Re: StepBox AppName Poll, Was: StepBox v1 - Yet another GNUstep window m

From: Björn Giesler
Subject: Re: StepBox AppName Poll, Was: StepBox v1 - Yet another GNUstep window manager
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:30:02 +0200

On 2003-10-22 09:00:06 +0200 thisguyisi <thisguyisi@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Since it is a window manager, it manages "windows", or "window panes". You
> could say that each "window" on screen is "pane" (as in pane of glass). I
> think "Pane(s)" or "WindowPane(s)" would be good names.

Just had an idea. "Window" is an arbitrarily chosen name for a rectangular
segment of screen real estate that could also be called "Sheet", or to remain
with the opening-in-wall metaphor, "Door", or even... "Gate". Yes. Call your WM
"Gates"! And trademark the name!

No? Well, just an idea. Sorry. ;-)

Regards,
Björn