Re: StepBox v1 - Yet another GNUstep window manager

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: StepBox v1 - Yet another GNUstep window manager
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:23:40 -0400

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn <id@project-ile.net>
To: Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@hotmail.com>
CC: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:00:32 +0700

Hi,
I just notice what StepBox really is. dl'ed and it
seems nice but I also have a few suggestions.
Why don't you subclass the XGServer in back-x11 directly?
That way you can use any AppKit classes you wish
and even share a single Display to the X server.
Imagine you can do window decoration in NSView on
back-art. It would be nice to me.

 I just tried using XGServer in StepBox (not subclass from XGServer)
 and it seems to work without major problems.
 But XGServer is a private class and the header is not public,
 I have to get GSDisplayServer from GNUstep.
 I'll try other thing like drawing, etc to see how far I can go.

 If anyone is interested to help, I'll appreciate.
 Otherwise, it will take a long time to finish it.

 Yen-Ju

Send instant messages to anyone on your contact list with MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com