Trouble with NSSocketPort

From: Björn Giesler
Subject: Trouble with NSSocketPort
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:51:40 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to build a DO object that can be reached on a specific port, to make
firewall configuration easier. How can I do that?

Explanation:
1. NSSocketPort -initWithPort: doesn't exist (which is very bad, but that's
another story).
2. NSSocketPort -portWithNumber:onHost:forceAddress:listener: doesn't give a
shit about the port number if listener is YES (choosing a random port instead),
and if listener is NO, the port cannot be used as a receive port in a
NSConnection.

Any help urgently wanted :-)

Regards,
Björn