Re: GNUstep manage its own window as menu ?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep manage its own window as menu ?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:28:22 -0600

On Thursday, October 23, 2003, at 08:30 AM, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

Hi,

 Just a idea.
Since GNUstep manage the menu by itself (menu is borderless window for XWindow),
 why does it not manage the normal window by itself.
 I mean drawing the title bar and border, shading, etc.
Therefore, window manager only need to know the movement and size of GNUstep window. That putd the responsibility of window drawing back to GNUstep as menu.
 By this way, every GNUstep window is borderless Xwindow window.
 Any reason not to do so ? Too much trouble for GNUstep to implement ?

What it the app hangs? Then you're stuck and you can't move any of the windows around. We did menus that way because they have special requirements (attached and torn off). Although I'd prefer that the WM handled the menu title bars as well.