Re: Compiling from scratch.

From: Ian Jones
Subject: Re: Compiling from scratch.
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:49:15 +0000

On 2003-10-25 13:36:27 +0000 Martin Brecher <martin@mb-itconsulting.com> wrote:

Pascal J.Bourguignon wrote:

| The fact is that ffcall 1.8d IS installed:

I just updated from CVS and now base's configure won't find my ffcall,
as well, nor ffi.

I don't know what to say other than I'm very unhappy about this, I sent a fix
yesterday that only changed base configure so that it would try to use ffi if
the default ffcall could not be found, which means that my patch as it was
never made it into CVS but someones own implementation of what they thought was
a fix and again without testing it even compiled / worked.
This only one or two days after all the expressed frustration on this list,
some of it about the quality of what people are producing or commiting to CVS.

I really understand the frustration that Chris Vetter feels at this moment in
time. I'm not much of a developer but I am a perl programmer / web developer by
trade and I'd like to think that I'm capable of making minor alterations to a
shell script without making a total mess of it. As with Chris, I find myself in
a positon where I think, well, why should I bother if people aren't going to
use what I spend my time doing to try and help? Should I contribute anything
else or just go back to complaining?

- - Martin

Sorry to add more fuel to the fire but I am very very dissapointed.

Regards,

Ian (Ian_J on #gnustep)