Re: StepBox v1.2

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: StepBox v1.2
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:42:47 -0500

From: MJ Ray <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: StepBox v1.2
Date: 27 Oct 2003 01:41:04 GMT

"Yen-Ju Chen" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Since WindowMaker works for everyone already and is a stand-alone window
> manager,
>   people who don't want to use GWorkspace+StepBox can use it instead.

..unless they want to use a window manager build on GNUstep, in which case
I will eventually serve them.

 So you are writing a window manager, too ?

> My suggestions is that GNUstep applications should send these information
> (mainly GNUstepWMAttr)

Yes! Please! This may explain some problems I had. Are these attributes and
other information documented somewhere?

 You can search "GNUstep-WindowMaker interaction" in groups.google.com.
 There are some related discussion.
 I did put something in the WMSpec in StepBox/ as a memo
 when I try to fix some problems.
 They may not accurate or be misunderstanding the code.
 But I think the part about GNUstepWMAttr is the most important part
 which is not in ICCCM or EWMH.

Thanks for your interesting message.

Discuss-gnustep mailing list

Never get a busy signal because you are always connected with high-speed Internet access. Click here to comparison-shop providers. https://broadband.msn.com