Soliciting Thoughts on the new NSController

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Soliciting Thoughts on the new NSController
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:58:09 -0800 (PST)

All,

As you may or may not be aware, Apple, as part of their 10.3 release, has
implemented a new class, called NSController. I'm not asking that this be
implemented in GNUstep. I'm just looking for people's comments on it,
from the GNUstep point of view. For a brief synopsis of NSController, see
http://www.livejournal.com/users/chanson/67915.html . Aaron Hillegas has
criticized Apple's implementation of it rather strongly, see
http://lists.apple.com/mhonarc/cocoa-dev/msg10603.html (archives/archives)
for this post.

What do you, as programmers of GNUstep itself, and as programmers who use
GNUstep, think of the following: