Re: NSNotification and NSRunLoop

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: NSNotification and NSRunLoop
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:54:46 -0800

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:18:51 +0000
Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 01:29 AM, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:
> >  Why does it happen ?
> >  Do I have to use NSRunLoop in order to receive NSNotification in
> >  the middle of while loop ?
> Yes ... events  only arrive while a run loop is running ... so you
> need to run the runloop within your while loop.
[...]

I was playing with sockets the other day and ran into a similar problem,
Yen-Ju was having (with respect to NSRunLoop and NSNotification).

Basically I did the same as you suggested (put NSRunLoop inside a loop)
and never received any notifications, until the while() finished. When I
put the while() in a separate method, added it to a timer and fired that
one off, it worked... Weird.

--
Chris