Re: ANNOUNCE GWorkspace 0.6.1

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE GWorkspace 0.6.1
Date: 30 Oct 2003 02:40:54 GMT

Martin Brecher <martin@mb-itconsulting.com> wrote:
> Quitting and starting again does take a lot more time than hiding and
> unhiding, of course. Thus, I hide it a lot - and in my hasty behaviour I
> sometimes miss Hide :-) (...should probably clean my mouse more often...)

About all I can suggest is that you enlarge your menu font size so that
you get a bigger space to aim at ;-)  Hitting the wrong thing will cause
you many problems worse than quitting GWorkspace and hopefully we won't
get "are you sure" panels for all menu entries.

> And, while other apps can easily know if I'm still working on a document
> (i.e. it's modified but not yet saved), GWorkspace cannot read my mind
> whether I'm still in the process of "sorting that files" or not.

No, but GWorkspace saves all state on quit, I think, so you get the exact
same display on restart. No work is lost.

> And, btw, Terminal does always request your confirmation if you attempt
> to quit while some windows are still open.

It is easier to see that quitting terminal with open windows could cause
loss of work. I cannot see that the same is true of GWorkspace, but maybe
I have overlooked something.