inter-thread DO call

From: Derek Zhou
Subject: inter-thread DO call
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:23:36 -0800

Hi,
I've written a GSLocalPort that is a NSPort using shared heap. Obviously it
can only be used by two threads of the same process. It is about 10~15%
faster than NSMessagePort or NSSocketPort for empty DO calls; should be even
faster for bigger messages because the messages do not go through sockets.
Any chance that it can be included in base?
I also have a NSRunLoop that use linux2.6 epoll instead of poll. It should
scale better because it is O(1).
Derek