Re: The need for a libobjc maintainer

From: Gerald Pfeifer
Subject: Re: The need for a libobjc maintainer
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:35:35 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Nicola Pero wrote:
>>> We would be happy to have Andrew become libobjc maintainer. Andrew
>>> seems to have some motivation to apply outstanding patches and good
>>> ideas for the future. However, being the other large user of GCC
>>> Objective-C (and the major user of GNU libobjc), I think we would like
>> Yes, absolutely.  It would be good to have one maintainer who actually
>> lives on the GNU runtime day-to-day, and then another who has exposure
>> to the Darwin side of things (esp. differences between the GNU and NeXT
>> runtimes).  So, if Nicola agrees to run for office :-), I'm definitely
>> for nominating both him and Andrew.
> Yes, I do.

So, let me try to summarize: the proposal is to nominate Andrew Pinski
and Nicola Pero as libobjc maintainers.

I plan to forward this to the SC in a couple of days, and am also Cc:ing
all Objective-C maintainers now. If there are any objections, please let
me know ASAP.

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/