Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer

From: thisguyisi
Subject: Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:21:14 -0800

copal wrote:

I think that needed to be said :-)

Thanks for your honesty, Leef.

- Ian

On Nov 28, 2003, at 5:27 AM, thisguyisi wrote:

Is it ego, or what? Why, as a lurker, do I constantly read about developers doing 4 to 6 different versions of almost the same thing? Are GNUstep developers allergic to collaboration? Why is it that nobody seems to agree on anything, or at least seems unwilling to discuss issues and come to a consensus?

I have no vested interest in the answers to these questions, I just think they should be asked, after lurking for the better part of a year on these lists.

To an outside observer, the project, and developers, seem very disorganized and unfocused.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble, or piss hordes of people off, I am just offering a cold, cynical view, in the hopes that I am wrong, or simply provoke thought on the part of others who are developers or lurkers on the list.

Curiously Yours,
-Leef

Oh, well, eMail and shots of bourbon... You can express your views, but apparently typo your own name. How embarrasing.

Best Regards,
-Lee