Re: GNUstep on MS Windows

From: Rogelio M . Serrano Jr .
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 07:46:42 +0800

On 2003-12-05 07:30:02 +0800 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:

Do we really to turn GNUstep into something like the mozilla suite?
This is not what's being proposed. Any in any event, Rogelio, any windows-specific work done in terms of overriding drawing of widgets and such should live in the win32 backend code.

I agree. GNUstep on windows will look like GNUstep on linux right?

That looks
like a cross platform programming environment to me. Is that what GNUstep want to become?
I don't know, why don't you ask him/it?

GNUstep must be cross-platform. But do we want it to look like native apps
such that you dont know it is GNUstep?

Thats an objective-c programming environment to me not openstep.
What the $%^& do you think GNUstep is?

We can program in objective-c on windows without respecting openstep
at all. GNUstep is an openstep implementation right? Its a particular way of
using objective-c.

Windows clashes with openstep thats why GNUstep is not very well developed on windows.
You need to stop making assumptions about things you simply know nothing about. You know nothing about the history of the Win32 backend, so do not pretend you do. Do your research fist.

Alex Perez

Im sorry for the assumptions but my impression from the email that started this thread is that GNUstep must look like windows on windows. The Mozilla suite works that way. I thought that GNUstep should look the same on all platforms. We dont want it to look
like QNX on QNX do we?