Re: GNUstep on MS Windows

From: thisguyisi
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 04:21:28 -0800

Pete French wrote:
OPENSTEP Enterprise for Windows NT also looked like OPENSTEP for Mach,
except for a few things:

Sorry, but this simply isnt true. I just dragged it out and installed it as
I didnt remember it that way. Under XP the windows are (obviously) XP style.
But all the controls are NT 4 style - tick boxes, sliders, etc... none
of them look like the OpenStep for Mach equivalents. Just opening Interface
Builder and playing with the pallettes is enough to demonstrate this.

If anyone knows how to make screenshots under Windows and canm tell me the
I can happily supply images if people want to look at them.

As far as I know, this list is _exhaustive_. OPENSTEP Enterprise used DPS
for display at the "widget" level, not GDI calls.

Yes, but they obviously re-designed those widgets to look like the native
platform.

-bat.

To make screenshots on MS Windows:

1. Press the <Print Screen> key. This key is abbreviated as "Prt Scr" on my keyboard.

2. Open MS Paint (mspaint.exe).

3. Paste. You can press the key combo <Ctrl+V> to paste.

4. Usually, a dialog box will pop up asking if you want the image to resize to the contents of the clipboard.

5. Agree to the image resize.

6. You should now have a bitmap the same size as your current screen resolution (800x600, 1024x768, etc.).

This works for regular windows programs, as well as Mozilla XUL toolkit programs, I am not sure if it will work for the Display PostScript imaging of OPENSTEP Enterprise.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
-Lee