Re: Playing with gnustep

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: Playing with gnustep
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:44:57 -0500

On 2003-12-21 16:27:56 -0500 Robert Warning <cleeker@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi. I'm just started playing with gnustep and its apps and I think its great!

Welcome aboard!

1) Whenever I try to run the spell checker I get "Failed to connect to spell checker English" 2) I can't for the life of me figure out how to get gnustep apps to launch out of the window maker dock

I can't help you with 1 but for 2, just right-click on the dock-icon, select "Settings...", and type "openapp APPNAME" in the "Application path and arguments" text field. For example, "openapp GNUMail" or "openapp Terminal". If your environment is set up correctly, that should do it.

Jason