Re: #import vs #include

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: #import vs #include
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:35:03 -0800

Yep the G stands for GNU and the problem with #import is that it is/was depricated (from gcc). But I don't know what the current/future state of gcc will be. If the #import will be valid or that we still need to use #include and ifdefs.
In GCC 3.4 #import *IS UNDEPRECATED* We really need to pull together and clarify that in our documentation, IMO. Personally, I'd vouch for --enable-import being on in GNUstep-make by default in light of this FACT, and also that all documentation which contains this kind of FUD be changed to reflect this new reality.
Alex Perez
"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it."
--Thomas Jefferson