GNUstep must-have app: Grokker.

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: GNUstep must-have app: Grokker.
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 14:08:56 +0100 (CET)

Hi folks,

here's wishing you a Happy New Year and all the best. Let's hope this will
be a great year for GNUstep!

I am writing because every once in a while there is a discussion on this
list about writing a must-have app that is so cool that people will want
to install GNUstep just to get this one application.

I think GNUstep already has some really terrific apps that are so cool!
e.g. the GPS app or Renaissance, but I would like to suggest another one
that could prove extremely popular.

I found out about grokking and groxis in a magazine some days ago, I
forget where. This is essentially the next generation of search engines --
they use AI to discover the structure of a search result list, e.g.
hierarchical or in categories.

I believe a GNUstep Grokker could become a real draw for people to install
GNUstep. The time to act is now -- it appears that this technology is only
available for Windows. Just imagine -- GNUstep could be the first to
provide a *nix implementation.

There might be some legal issues to clear up -- some of the technology
might already be copyrighted or patented.

What do you think? Recall how people used to say they bought their first
PC to use Lotus 1-2-3? Well how about people saying a few years from now
that they first installed GNUstep because they absolutely had to have the
GNUstep Grokker?

Best regards,

=====
| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, markoriedelde@yahoo.de |