Re: GNUstep.org (Sorry that I have to move this out of the webmaster

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: GNUstep.org (Sorry that I have to move this out of the webmaster
Date: 07 Jan 2004 21:44:03 GMT

Banlu Kemiyatorn <id@project-ile.net> wrote:
> On 2004-01-08 00:53:45 +0700 MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> > Why do you "have to move this out of the webmaster list"? [...]
> Because I'm going to ask for volunteers to team up with me and it I
> didn't want to make Scott feel bad about his contribution.

Actually, "have to move this out" is all bluster. I just checked
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnustep-webmasters/ and it wasn't even
*in* the webmasters to start with. It would have been basic politeness
to offer help there. A search for your name finds one message from you.

>> [...] you cannot work nicely with other webmasters.

> GFY :)

Your diplomatic skills are amazing.

> Heh, what are you talking about? It was discussed for quite time in
> IRC before I decided to post that. And who are you who never really
> join the channel.

I am talking about the discussions on the webmasters list about the
redesign.

I only rarely join the channel, it is true, but that's still more than
"never". A 24-7 IRC session should not be a requirement for helping
GNUstep webmasters. I know that other webmasters use the channel, for
I discussed the redesign with them there. As to "who are you", see the
"Who's Who" page. Who are you?

> I already offered help to Adam (whom won't take this into idiot issue
> like you did) but I think he's too busy to response and really don't
> have time to manage stuffs.

That, or maybe some other reason. You're just guessing.

> And please keep in mind that *I* am the
> person who asked Scott privately to make this html template.

I know that. I don't think it excuses your rudeness.

> Anyway, the management sucks. It looks like flame because the manage
> sucks and not professional and I don't know how to explain it in the

Your approach sucks too. Happy?

> other way.  It is not acceptable to put that crap there and we need
> to allow more people to get involved. And by the way, from the link
> http://www.gnustep.org/information/gethelp.html Did you see it mention
> in any place how to subscribe webmaster list?

No. I guess that's a bug. Thanks for pointing it out. The address is
on that page anyway and sending it "how can I help you" would get you
an answer. I wonder why you contacted only Adam? Also, the list is in
the same place as many other gnustep lists, on mail.gnu.org.

--
MJR/slef