Re: GNUstep & FOSDEM 2004

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: GNUstep & FOSDEM 2004
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:38:51 -0800 (PST)

All,

I'm going to try to make the trek to FOSDEM this year!  If so, I'll volunteer
to give the Gorm presentation.  I'm in the US, so it's going to be a haul for
me, but the draw of GNUstep (and hopefully a few beers with other GNUsteppers)
is irresistable. :)

Thanks, GJC

--- Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
> Helge Hess wrote:

> >> Does "OGo" use GNUstep?
> >

> > Various parts, yes. In addition Nicola is working on porting OGo to
> > gstep-base.
> >
> > I think OGo, also being a Foundation/Objective-C environment, shares a
> > lot of common "developer idioms". But anyway, if there is no interest
> > from GNUstep, OGo as a project can organize its own facilities - just
> > thought it might make sense.
> >
> No reason to get upset. As usual there are a lot of different oppinions
> in this mailing list. And I, for example, like your idea of a shared
> panel very much. I think this years GNUstep presentation should be
> focused on user applications, as during the last year we made the
> greates progress in this area. And OGo is surely the most wellknown
> application in the bigger GNUstep environment.
> What about presentations on some of the interesting application, that
> where writen/completed in the last year? Of course we should also give
> short talks on Gorm and Renaissance, to catch the atention of new
> GNUstep users. Or just use these, when showing how to extend the given
> applications?
>
> Who would be willing to do presentations at all? I intend to be at this
> FOSDEM, but don't have anything to show, being to lazy to develop
> something in the last year now shows.
>
> Cheers
> Fred

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
-- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---