Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep <---> Cocoa...

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep <---> Cocoa...
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:49:27 +0000

On 12 Jan 2004, at 21:16, Alex Perez wrote:

Not sure what you are asking for. But if you only want to find out if
your code compiles in a GNUstep or a MacOSX environment a test for
#ifdef GNUSTEP should do.

This seems to be just the one I'm seeking for. Which file defines the
macro?  Or is this
one defined by each programmer?

The problem with #ifdef GNUSTEP is that, AFAIR, it is still defined if you use GNUstep-make to build under OS X. That's no good. Apple's GCC always defines __APPLE__ and there's also MAC_OS_X (or is it MAC_OSX, I can never
remember..)

It would be nice if someone with a MacOS-X setup could check this out...
I know that GNUSTEP is defined by the base library make fragment (which
the make system uses when building with the base library) ... perhaps it's
defined elsewhere too and should be removed from the base library
make fragment?