Re: NSToolbar

From: comrade
Subject: Re: NSToolbar
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 02:43:01 +1100

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 09:52:59AM +0100, Uli Kusterer wrote:
> In article <mailman.451.1073927408.928.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
>  Fabien VALLON <fabien.vallon@fr.alcove.com> wrote:
>
> > I bloat NSWindow.
>
> Okay, to summarize the arguments against NSToolbar raised so far:
>
>  -> Adds to NSWindow instead of being "just another view".
>  -> Wastes screen real estate
>  -> Comes from Apple
>
> Any others I forgot?

I don't think this is a very productive discussion any more. People
seem to be "point scoring", for example I don't recall reading anyone actually
noting point 3, who are not enthusiastic about the addtion of NSToolbar.
Please stop with the straw-men.

Just write the code, then (maybe) argue about it. Sheesh. There are more
than enough things to do than to try and chase useful, productive people out
of the project, on either side of this "technical" issue.

Peter