Re: Gstreamer

From: Robert Warning
Subject: Re: Gstreamer
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:38:34 -0500

For those interested in gstreamer have a look here.
It has potential for being cross platform and already works on many unixes.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediapipe/
Fabien how portable is mediapipe? I notice it uses cocoa but does it use carbon too? Gstreamer poped to mind because it is already quite stable and the core can compile for mac osx. All it needs are plugins for os x. It seems to be well suited for a multimedia framework that provides structure for everything from video editing to audio playback.

VLC looks to be a media player. I was hoping that I could bring the gstreamer media framwork to objc. Think of it as kinda like quicktime.

RW