Re: [objc-improvements-branch] About to start ObjC++

From: Steve Naroff
Subject: Re: [objc-improvements-branch] About to start ObjC++
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:04:51 -0800

As Zem says, if you aren't programming in C++ (or using any libraries written in C++), ObjC++ isn't "for you".

For developers that have existing C++ code, Objective-C++ allows them to integrate it without being forced to "wrap" everything explicitly (using functions). It also supports aggregation...that is, ObjC objects can reference C++ objects (and vice-versa). The type systems remain distinct (or "mutually oblivious", as Zem likes to say). That's the short story.

snaroff