Re: test driven development for GNUstep

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: test driven development for GNUstep
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:28:38 +0100

On Feb 2, 2004, at 4:06 PM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
Now there are several ways to do test driven development, on the ObjC side of this world for instance DejaGnu (http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/)
and ocunit (http://sente.epfl.ch/software/ocunit/). Anybody here knows
which would be better suited for GNUstep library development? I hope this
will initiate a fruitfull discussion which results in the use of test
driven development for GNUstep (in whatever form).

OCUnit should work well on GNUstep: Erik Dörnenburg and Marcus Müller from Mülle Kybernetik made the effort of porting it last year. Since then, we removed the dependency on SenFoundation, so it should be even easier to adopt.

But I believe this has already been discussed and that the tool of choice for tests in GNUstep is Guile.

Marco Scheurer
Sen:te, Lausanne, Switzerland   http://www.sente.ch