Re: [libobjc] May I tweak objc-api.h?

From: Andrew Pinski
Subject: Re: [libobjc] May I tweak objc-api.h?
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:10:05 -0800

On Feb 6, 2004, at 12:52, Ziemowit Laski wrote:

Specifically,

  typedef struct objc_super {
    id      self;                           /* Id of the object sending
                                                the message. */
Class class; /* Object's super class. */
  } Super, *Super_t;

As you may guess, C++ is not too crazy about using 'class'
as an identifier.  In the past, I hacked Apple's ObjC++
compiler to accept this. :-(  Now, though, I'm working on
putting ObjC++ into the FSF, where it should behave more sanely.

(Turns out that our NeXT headers have exactly the same problem,
and I'm hoping to be able to tweak them as well.)

So, do you think it would be OK to rename 'class' above to, say, 'super_class'?

This is okay with me, just make sure that you tweak it every where it
is referenced.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski