Re: [Marketing GNUstep] booklet

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Marketing GNUstep] booklet
Date: 11 Feb 2004 10:56:11 GMT

nicolas@roard.com wrote:
> http://www.roard.com/gnustep/booklet-fosdem.html
> Normally we should use it to print some for the FOSDEM.
> Comments, corrections and ideas are welcome !

Great stuff! As mentioned on IRC, I am happy to organise printing this, but
I'd like others to help with the costs. The basic printing is 36 pounds for
300, 41 for 400, 50 for 500. This is using digital litho, which is black
and white (coloured paper for cover, white inside), but has some limits:
 - Large areas of flat colour "grain" a little (thanks to the print drum)
 - Reversed-out text is not a good idea (common with many print processes)
 - screenshots need to be high-contrast (because of black-white)

This means the black bars should be replaced by boxes with black on white
text, IMO.

The structure of the leaflet seems pretty good. On the text, I'd suggest:
All: I think we say "object-orientated" in English English. Likewise
frenchish "ise" instead of "ize" and similar;
p2: should read "GNUstep is based on, and completely compatible with, the
OpenStep specification" (misplaced comma);
p2: "modelling" (should have double l);
p6: I think we should emphasise porting from MacOS X, but I know not all
agree with me. Generally, I think this is a bit dubious;
p8: If you are going to put http://, I think you should put the trailing /
too, but that's very minor;

Thanks for your efforts. If you can produce a PDF of the A4 plates, I can
get started on printing as soon as we know who pays!
--
MJR/slef