Re: GNUstep Defaults and Preferences idea

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: GNUstep Defaults and Preferences idea
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:22:22 +0100

Dennis Leeuw wrote:

> Just a wild idea that popped up in my head last night... :)
>
> If we change the defaults settings to something XML-like like
> Renaissance (a description of the content and values in a XML-like
> structure, with possibly some markup information), then we don't need
> Preferences bundles but Preferences could directly render the settings
> from the defaults file...

You can do this with PList format too. But I think most Users are better served
with custom Prefs bundles. A bundle may also contain logic.
These preferences bundles should use Renaissance to create the GUI.
As every APP should do.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 Phone +49 33056 82834
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/