Re: [Marketing GNUstep] booklet

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Marketing GNUstep] booklet
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:34:54 +0000

On 12 Feb 2004, at 09:15, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

on 2/11/04 2:10 PM, MJ Ray at mjr@dsl.pipex.com wrote:

Basically, I don't care that much on this one term, as long as it's
not over-used, but "oriented" really jars my ear.

I have never heard of "object-orientated", really! I read different books
about the topics, attended lessons. I'd vote 100% for object-oriented.

Orientated is english, oriented is american.

However, lots of europeans are likely to be familiar with the american term
as most of the literature is american.

Personally, I don't care much, but I feel that the american word actually
sounds a little better even though I'm more familiar with the english.