From the author of the orca pictures (was Re: [Marketing GNUstep] bookle

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama
Subject: From the author of the orca pictures (was Re: [Marketing GNUstep] booklet)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:43:11 +0900

Hi folks,

The following is a translation of an email from the author of the
orca pictures, Mr. Yoshi Nagatsuka:

<translation>
Dear Kuriyama,

Hello. Thank you for your interest in my works. First of all, I apologize to
Mr. Sonchocky-Helldorf for my missing his email. I guess it was
carelessly filtered
as one of tons of spams I receive everyday. Usually I'm reading all the
subjects of received emails, careful enough not to miss any of them
coming from
foreign countries, because I'm personally keeping contact with people living
outside my country. Unfortunately, this didn't hold for his email. Missing
it was my fault and I'm sorry for that.

As for your proposal, my basic policy is this: permission of use of
something
I created, either CGs or photographs, or whatsoever, is granted without
fee if
they are to be used for non-profitable activities such as NGO, open
source projects,
and education. In fact, I created and offered some works to the Japanese
Medical Academic Society without fee last year. The work has been used as a
mascot of ORCA Project, which was an open source project led by the society.

However, of the works that are being exhibited on the web, if one has
already
been used for some commercial purpose, it is likely to be partially under
control of one of my clients. Accordingly, I cannot offer all of them
unconditionally.

Hence, to make desicion, I'd like to know the following:

(1) Works you want to use (You can specify them with their file names).
(2) Usage of the works in a specific way.

Based on these, I will make decision whether or not permission is
granted, and
arrange the works in a best way suitable for the usage.

The high-resolution versions suitable for printing are also available,
though
it depends on a given situation.

If you'd like other CGs or new works, it will take weeks to months for me to
design and create something new.

This is my promt reply. I hope this lets you make decision.
<end of translation>

As indicated in his letter, I think you can send him an email directly.

Cheers,
- Kazunobu Kuriyama