Re: Frameworks integration

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: Frameworks integration
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:10:25 +0100

Funny you wrote this while I was browsing through dev-libs. Adding more to cvs might be a solution, but more importantly imho is releasing them.

Nobody knows about gscrypt, gsldap en SMBKit and it is always a guess if they work with the released GNUstep version(s).

Nicolas Roard wrote:
 > The proposal is to put skyrix-xml and Tryst in the cvs (dev-libs), and
possibly change
their name to be more developer-friendly (ie a descriptive name followed by "kit" --
RendezvousKit or ServiceDiscoveryKit for Tryst for example).

I love this idea. A set of Kits for certain additions is a good idea.

I will add that another (important) missing part in gnustep is a sound framework... SndKit and MusicKit would imho be interesting to add in the future (specifically SndKit
-- after some work to modularize it more).
Adding them in the cvs isn't perhaps needed, but at least we should point them as
"official" solutions...

What do you think ?

It's next on my todo list to see if I can get SndKit and MusicKit to play nicely with GNUstep, and to setup a sound HOWTO for it.

And I certainly agree with you that they should have more exposure as a "default" solution to the sound problem.

Dennis