Re: CVS hosting issues (was: Re: Frameworks integration)

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: CVS hosting issues (was: Re: Frameworks integration)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:03:26 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:35:15 -0800 "Chris B. Vetter" <chrisv@web4inc.com> wrote:
 >| Don't hurt me, but...
 >|
 >| Why don't we split GNUstep core and "kits" and host them on two
 >| different servers?
 >|
 >| Keep -core (and everything _closely_ related, like Gorm and Renaissance)
 >| on GNU's CVS and put everything else that can be considered an _add-on_
 >| like said "kits" on a different CVS that has no problem with hosting
 >| projects with mixed licenses?

Just trying to clarify, are licenses problems on CVS only ?
Savannah accepts all GPL compatible licenses (see
https://savannah.gnu.org/register/)
So cvs for 'kits' could be on savannah. Inside or outside gnustep tree, I don't
know.
About web domains, I'll prefer xxx.gnustep.org to keep all this as a project.

Another point is dependencies, a good thing, IMHO, would be to enable easy
compilation like:
        cd gnustep
        ./configure...
        make install

        cd ../gnustep-kits
        ./configure...
        make install

not
        cd gnustep/core
        ./configure...
        make install

        cd ../gnustep-kit/alibrary_needed_for_some_gnustep_part
        ./configure...
        make install

        cd gnustep/xx
        ./configure...
        make install

Manuel
Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <mguesdon@orange-concept.com>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998