Re: Package management

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: Package management
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:22:49 +0100

Adam Fedor wrote:

> Well, I like to work with existing packaging systems, since they are
> generally more mature and more accepted. But I like the idea of large
> packages on a meta level - perhaps where the Package Manager only
> distributes and/or installs package sets that are known compatible.

Do you know PKGSRC? http://www.pkgsrc.org/

pkgsrc currently has support for the following platforms:

    * NetBSD (of course!)
    * Darwin (Mac OS X)
    * FreeBSD
    * IRIX
    * Linux
    * OpenBSD
    * Solaris

I think it should be possible to use this.
Some GNUstep packages are already in.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 Phone +49 33056 82834
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/