Re: browser link in GNUMail?

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: Re: browser link in GNUMail?
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:35:23 -0500

Hi Chris,

Is there a way to set up  GNUMail.app so that I can
click on an HTML link and have it open up a web page
in a browser? I could not find any way to do this in
the documentation.

This is currently unimplemented in GNUstep (ie., NSWorkspace: -openURL:). I developed a patch many months ago that was adding this functionality but I never commited it nor finished the discussion I had with Nicola wrt it.

In the meantime, you can select the URL and use the "Open URL" service. You can get this service from here:

cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gnustep co gnustep/usr-apps/examples/gui/ExampleService/

Also can I get it to display in-line HTML pages in
mail messages?

Right now, it'll convert those HTML parts to pure text/plain parts (the best it can) and display them. I had discussions with Stefan Kleine Stegemann about the possibility to make use of his WebCore port in order to display HTML mails but since those mails are evil, it's not a high priority ;)

BTW, for questions specific to GNUMail.app, you might want to ask them in the GNUMail.app mailing lists. You can have more information about them here: