RE: Eeeagh! I'm at my wits end.

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: RE: Eeeagh! I'm at my wits end.
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:34:15 -0400

> From: Simon Stapleton [mailto:simon@tufty.co.uk]
>
> > Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason:
> > GNUSTEP Internal Error:
> > The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
> > variables was not called.
> > Please report the error to bug-gnustep@some.bogus.org

Is there anything printed before this, like an Assert or just a Log message
with the same info?

> problem again.  Now, it's obviously not a problem with
> GNUstep per se,
> as other tools seem to work OK - eogenerator, for example.
>
> I guess It's something to do with my makefiles and the frameworks I
> build all the components as, but it's got me stumped.  Anyone
> have any
> ideas on what (other than a problem at the gnustep-base
> level) might be
> calling this?
>
> +[NSProcessInfo load] is definitely being called before
> main(), and is
> getting the args quite happily

The only thing reasonable I can think of is that maybe a +load method in your
app or some other lib is improperly using ObjC statements (which might trigger
a call to NSProcessInfo before all the load methods are complete and
NSProcessInfo can call +initialize).