Re: Suggestions for deploying an application ?

From: MA Garcias
Subject: Re: Suggestions for deploying an application ?
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:44:42 +0200

Those patches are not integrated with the GNUstep distribution because Fred (Kiefer) is working on that, trying to provide a general solution for itnernal drag-n-drop, but they will be available very soon. Meanwhile, you can apply the patch safely, for nobody else has made any modifications in the win32 backend in a long while.

Specifically, the patch (as it is already documented: https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=3022) contains the following improvements:

* Implemented the WIN32DragView class implementing the NSDRagging protocol (mostly based in XGDragView)
* Support for INTERNAL Drag and drop only.
* Extended handling of WM_MOVE and WM_SIZE events for synchronization of window events with frontend

Please report any problems or questions,

maGarcias | tragnarionStudios

Alex Perez wrote:

Marc,

We use GNUstep apps on windows. There's still a lot of room for improvement, specially on multithreading and in the backend, but it's mostly usable. Make sure to apply M.A. Garcias' patches for the backend.

Does anyone know if these patches are yet integrated into GNUstep proper? If so, is there any reason for them not to be? Are they of low quality? Mark, can you tell me what the patches fix in the win32 backend, specifically?

Thanks,
Alex Perez