Re: where to get objc-improvements-branch

From: Stan Shebs
Subject: Re: where to get objc-improvements-branch
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 10:17:12 -0700

Bill Northcott wrote:

On 19/05/2004, at 7:37 AM, Stan Shebs wrote:

While on that subject, the public CVS has not been updated since October, like 7 months.

Any idea when we might get back up to date?

I have issues with the Apple compilers and now have no idea what is going on.

I didn't see anybody else respond to this - nearly all non-secret
work is going on in the FSF GCC repository these days, in particular
apple-ppc-branch. Go there and you'll see a lot going on; the
remainder has to wait for WWDC. :-)

Thanks for that.

However, interesting as browsing the FSF sources might be, I presume they will not build an Apple style compiler.

Actually they will. Close examination of the branch will show lots
of "APPLE LOCAL" markers not normally seen in FSF mainline code. There
are some Apple features not there (for instance, CW-style asm, because
I'm working on moving it from 3.3 to 3.5 at this very moment), but I
think all the basics are there.

Stan