Re: Success with Cygwin - except for gdnc... any ideas ?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Success with Cygwin - except for gdnc... any ideas ?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:59:42 -0600

On May 26, 2004, at 11:43 AM, Fred Kiefer wrote:

Pete French wrote:
I did report this a few months ago :-) Did you download the objc.dll from GNUstep.org or does cygwin finally contain one?
Cygwin contains one - but it doesnt quite work with GNustep
so I just did a make install from the libobjc in dev-libs from CVS.
Is that code up-to-date ? I assumed so, but maybe it isnt ?

There is also a precompiled one on the GNUstep website. ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/libs/gnustep-objc-1.3.0.tar.gz And libffi comes with gjc the GNUstep Java compiler. If only Cygwin would provide a working objc.dll...

One of the problems was that our version of the objc.dll is patched up from the gcc sources (mostly to make symbols externally visible from the dll). However, I think Andrew Pinski just recently put those patches back into gcc, so it's probably more likely in the future that Cygwin objc will work correctly.