NSImage oddity

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: NSImage oddity
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 21:14:58 +0200

Hi all,

Since the great change of Alexander and Adam in January GNUstep no longer relies on on libwraster to load PNG (or other graphics formats). If you have a recent installation of GNUstep, it should be able to read PNG files as soon as libpng is installed and found during the configure process. If this does not work for you, you should recheck the configure log to see if something did go wrong at that stage. Otherwise it may be with the data itself. I only tested this functionality with PNG files, but it should work as well with data in PNG data. If your data wont work you could send on a (small) example file for tests.

I have played some more and found out the following:

        NSString *path = ...
        NSData *data = [NSData dataWithContentsOfFile:path];
        NSImage *image = [[NSImage alloc] initWithData:data];

This works with gui.0.9.0 for a TIFF but not for a PNG (see above).
This works with gui.0.9.2 for a PNG but not for a TIFF.

Anybody tried to load a TIFF with the latest version 0.9.2? It does no longer work for me. I get no NSImageRep in the NSImage, though the NSImage itself is created.

Any hints?

Regards,

   Andreas