Re: Debug libs

From: Simon Stapleton
Subject: Re: Debug libs
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 13:20:43 +0200

On 4 Jun 2004, at 12:40, discuss-gnustep-request@gnu.org wrote:
From: Manuel Guesdon <ml@orange-concept.com>
Subject: Re: Debug libs (Was: Re: NSProcessInfo is not initialized
        when    debugging)
To: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:46:50 +0200 Alexander Malmberg <alexander@malmberg.org> wrote:

| Nicola Pero wrote:
| > I'm not sure about eliminating debug libs. Of course the simpler the | > easier is life for us/gnustep-make/me ... :-) but there might be people
| > who really like that feature.
|
| Well, now's their chance to speak up. :) If nobody likes it, there's no
| point in keeping it.

I use them all the time.
I'd prefer to see problem fixed so we can have both at the same time.

Me too, and I would be extremely upset to see them go. As I see it, the problem is not with debug libs per se, but with the implementation of make, particularly wrt frameworks. We should fix the underlying problem, not paste over the cracks.

Just my €0[.,]02

Simon

--
PGP Key Id : 0x50D0698D