Re: Installation check

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: Installation check
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 19:50:33 -0400

I am using SuSE 9.1
So I should make that boot script (not the x one) and put it in runlevel 5 ?

From: Michael Baehr <mbaehr@gmail.com>
To: Charles Kerr <punt1959@msn.com>
CC: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:36:23 -0400

> 3.  Create the following script in the Makefiles directory e.g.
> /usr/GNUstep/System/Makefiles with the name GSXBoot.sh
> Same as above with 2. I didn't do this. Is this something that needs to
> be done?  CVS install file seems to indicate that sourcing the single sh
> file is sufficient.
>
> The document I am referencing is:
> http://gnustep.made-it.com/BuildGuide/#CHECK.WINDOWMAKER
>
> Any comments welcomed.

I package GNUstep for Arch Linux, which has an /etc/profile.d
directory containing files to be sourced at login.  I simply symlink
$GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh to /etc/profile.d/gnustep
and everything works fine.  You really shouldn't need to do anything
more than source that file to have your environment set up properly.

As far as the GNUstep daemons are concerned (gdomap, gbps, gdnc, etc.)
you will have to find a distro-specific answer for that.  What
distribution are you using?