Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:49:39 +0100

Le 10 juin 04, à 10:47, Chad Hardin a écrit :

Thanks for the HAL link, it looks very cool indeed. It even looks like is being actively developed! Can't beat that with a stick.

This looks like Framework wrapping stuff to me, I smell a GSHAL or something....

Actually, I think that there are a whole slew of frameworks that can start to be bundled together that are more desktop orientated. Outside of the scope of GNUstep itself, as they say.

Is that not what "Backbone" is? A collection of GNUstep softwares centered around desktop and not the API itself?

Yes, Backbone's goal is to provide a desktop and related desktop libs.

What happened to that? I see the web page is still there, but is there any steam there?

Well, it wasn't updated since a while, but yes, we are still working on it. Problem is that free time is finite :-)

--
Nicolas Roard