Re: State of Drag & Drop on Windows...

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: State of Drag & Drop on Windows...
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:47:57 +0200 (MEST)

> What is the state of Drag & Drop on Windows?  Last time I tried to use it
> it
> didn't work.   As you can imagine, not having D&D is a big blocker to
> getting
> many applications, especially Gorm, working on Windows.

There has been a patch for drag and drop on windows, which I did transform
into a general D&D implementation that should work on all systems. But there
is still one change that is needed for all backends to support it (A
findWindowBelow:ignoringWindow: method), which I did not find the time to
implement properly. Give me another week and it should be there. Sorry, that
this is too late for the current release, but I have been traveling for most
of the weekends this year, which leaves only limited time for GNUstep.

The next step for Windows would than be an extension to work together with
the native pasteboard (which also does D&D). I remember a patch for this as
well, but it used C++.

Fred