Re: [pkg-GNUstep-maintainers] Re: GNUStep namespace pollution in Debian?

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: [pkg-GNUstep-maintainers] Re: GNUStep namespace pollution in Debian?
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:42:34 -0700

Evan Prodromou wrote:

      - GNUstep core packages (only!) are named 'gnustep-*'.
fine, no change
      - Application package are named 'appname.app', since that's a
        frequent term used in the *step world. (We often say
        So Debian package 'terminal' becomes 'terminal.app'.
I'm not thrilled about it, but whatever. I think this entire situation is a complete joke, for what it's worth.
      - Kits just keep their regular names, but with *-dev, *-dbg,
        etc. like other shared libraries.
Absolutely not. Your ignorance of what a framework is is showing bigtime here. I don't believe I stand alone when I say that we won't be breaking up things like this. Libraries are a different story, and I dont see any reason why they couldn't have -dev packages. Frameworks are designed to be self contained and you should be trying to break things you don't understand.