Re: Editable NSTableViews?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Editable NSTableViews?
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:08:21 +0200

Peter Robinson wrote:
I am developing an application where data is displayed in an NSTableView.
I want the user to be able to edit the data by typing directly into the
NSTableView.  Is this supported under GNUstep?  I can't get the editing UI
to appear under even though the same app works when I compile it under OS
X.

The table's datasource does respond to the correct 'set' method:
 -tableView:setObjectValue:forTableColumn:row:
but it never gets called.  In fact, when I double click on an editable
column, my -tableView:shouldEditTableColumn:row: is called (and returns
YES) but nothing happens to the UI.

I'm using Renaissance to create the UI elements and this is correctly
creating NSTableColumns where -isEditable responds YES, so I don't think
that's the problem.  A quick glance at GNUstep's NSTableView.m suggests
that editing is supported by GNUstep, and it's not obvious to me why it
isn't working.  Any ideas?

Could you send your example code to reproduce this behaviour. I just tried with my my own example NSTableView code and editing works for me. (At least with a simple NSCell) There are still a lot of open problem with NSTableView, but this bit looks ok to me.

Fred