Menu madness in a different mode

From: Matthew Weinstein
Subject: Menu madness in a different mode
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:16:20 -0400

First, things are much better; Greg Casamento helped me track down the problem with Gorm putting my menus off screen. I was able to concoct a quick fix and wait the formal fix in cvs at his leisure.

Now for the bad news. I updated to last night's cvs and the new gui introduces a new "bad" behavior regarding menus. Here's the scenario:

I have panel's which depending on the user's actions can add things (like macros) to menus created by Gorm. I can move my panels out of the way enough that I can see that "yes" the program has added the new items (as it should) to the menus in question. BUT when I quit the panel, the program (somewhere in gui) updates the menus again, this time removing the items that I added. It seems to return to the gorm state when it updates the screen after exitting the menu.

Is that clear enough. Write if you have questions, and keep up the good work, I'll go leave a note in bugs in savannah.

Matthew
--
Matthew Weinstein
Associate Professor of Science Education

404D White Hall
KSU
Kent, OH 44242

330-672-0653