Gorm Progress 07/11/2004

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Gorm Progress 07/11/2004
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:23:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all,

Great news: The backwards compatibility and palette support changes are in and
ready for testing. :)

To build the latest CVS Gorm you will need changes from both GUI and from MAKE.
  Please update core and compile, then build Gorm.

The new Gorm features are:

- Full support for custom palettes.
- Backwards compatibility options in the "File" section of the document.  These
are "per-gorm" options which can be set by the user.  This will allow you to
set the version of the gorm file to be saved.

For those whom I've been promising an example palette, you will file it in:

dev-apps/test/palettetest

This palette demonstrates how to create a palette with a simple view (in this
case NSBox) subclass and also demonstrates the use of a non-UI object in the
palette.  It can serve as a template for custom palettes people want to create
for use with Gorm in the future. :)

These features are new, please let me know if you find any bugs.  Please see
the ChangeLog in the Gorm directory for a more full accounting of all of the
changes made.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.