Re: Suggestion: Make drag-and-drop default in NSTextView

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Make drag-and-drop default in NSTextView
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:48:48 +0200

Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

From: Alexander Malmberg <alexander@malmberg.org>
To: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 02:19:47 +0200

Yen-Ju Chen wrote:
> Sorry that now I realize that NSTextView does support drop by default.
> (Thanx help from Boibles@hotmail...).
> I use a custom NSTextView in Gorm.
> But I still need to register (ForDraggedTypes:) this custom NSTextView in
> order to receive drop action,

I think that's expected, at least according to the documentation. Is the
text view editable? Rich text? What types are you registering?

 The text view is editable, non-rich, and register for NSStringPboardType.
It works, but not expect to register. Not a big problem, just different from Cocoa.

Could you please explain some more, what you mean by this? Do you think that [updateDragTypeRegistration] should be called in the method [initWithFrame:textContainer:]? You may be right there, there seem to be some cases, where this call wont get done later on.

> which is not necessary in Cocoa.
> And the cursor does not follow the mouse when drop.
> Does it count for bug ?

Maybe, but I'm not sure what you mean. cursor==icon?

 Sorry for using the wrong word.
I mean the "insert point" (look like "I") does not follow the mouse (and dragging icon). It aways drops at the location where the insert point is before the drag-and-drop. For example, I place the insert point at location "a", and drag-and-drop from other application.
 It always fall on "a", not where the mouse is.

Ok, this is a bug in NSTextView