Speech services

From: Frederico Muñoz
Subject: Speech services
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:43:25 +0100

Hello,

I was looking for some past mentions of providing speech services for GNUstep
and came across a references to GNUspeech in the ml
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2002-03/msg00117.html).
Seems ambitious and considering the existence of Apple additions in this area
(be them good or bad, I don't know how to judge) I was wondering is someone
here knows if this project is alive and well and might one day fulfill that
role in GNUstep.

I also found references to a speech service using festival that I'm trying to
locate; much simpler solution but good enough for some simple text-to-voice
conversion.

Best Regards,

Frederico Muñoz