Re: xml files

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: xml files
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:31:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Scott Christley wrote:
> So I tried changing the DTD reference from this:
>
> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
> "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
> <plist version="1.0">
>
> to this which I found somewhere in the base library source code:
>
> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//GNUstep//DTD plist 0.9//EN"
> "http://www.gnustep.org/plist-0_9.xml\";>
> <plist version="0.9">
This is because the DTD is not at the URL above. The DOCTYPE tag should
probably point to $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/DTDs/plist-0_9.dtd which is
where the 0.9 plist DTD actually exists locally on your computer, but I am
not sure that you can just insert this. We should probably put the plist
DTD on GNUstep.org/DTDs just as apple does

On a more far-sighted note, can anyone here think of a good reason for our
DTD to be different from Apple's DTD? Is it? It's possible they're
actually the same.

Cheers,
Alex Perez